Thursday, August 11, 2011

One To See And One To Skip

It's almost the weekend so let's talk movies.

I've got two recommendations for you - one that I really encourage you to see and one that I really encourage you to skip.

So, which movie to see?

The Help.

Click here to watch the movie trailer. (look in that little purple box for the speaker symbol and click it to turn off the background music!)

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this movie.  I read the book first, based on several people here saying it was one of their all-time favorites.  I absolutely fell in love with it.  I told Ryley to drop whatever she was doing and read it.  She obeyed like a good girl and loved it, too.  I have gifted several people with their own copy and told my mom and mother-in-law they needed to get it for their Kindles.

Since Ryan hosts a daily radio show, he received some sneak preview passes for the movie and we saw it about a month ago.  I fell in love all over again.  Ever since, I've been anxiously awaiting its arrival in theaters.  I've been telling people right and left - "Go see this movie!"

So now I'm telling you - Go see this movie!  (You men will like it, too!)  

And if you haven't read the book, you should get a copy on your way home from the theater.  It's still worth reading even after you've seen the movie. 

Now, which movie to skip?

The Change-Up.

I have not seen this movie nor will I.  I'm not even going to put a link for a trailer up for this one.

What I am going to do is have you click here for a link that will tell you much better than I could why you should not see it.

After reading Rob Rummel-Hudson's blog post about this movie, I think you'll find it ironic that The Change-Up is in theaters at the same time as The Help.

This weekend, treat yourself to a little "you time" and go see The Help.  If you just can't get away, make sure you look for it when it's on DVD.  Just don't miss it!

Have a great Thursday!



2 comments:

  1. I want to see The Help and have ever since I saw the trailer on TV...Hopefully it will come to a theater nearby...Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bought the book at Target here in CR while shopping for stuff for the kids' new bathroom. Can't wait to read it before I head to the theater.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...