I am sick and tired.
Sick and tired of:
- my child needing an adult buddy just to be able to attend church.
- wondering if I'll ever watch my child in a children's church choir.
- seeing my child's peers progress while mine remains so far behind.
- my child hitting herself in the head.
- hearing my child hit herself in the head through the baby monitor.
- putting my child to bed with a helmet on then having to sneak in and take it off once she's asleep.
- hearing the loud "thwap" of my child hitting her helmet.
- seeing my child wear a helmet more often than not.
- therapy - behavioral, speech, occupational, music..... all of it.
- the iPad, the iPod, and any communication device other than a voice.
- progress reports, program sheets, and trying to teach my child things that should be instinctual.
- reading and researching and constantly looking for something, anything, that might help my child.
- always having to advocate for my child.
- being one of those moms.
- wondering if my child will ever speak.
- always attempting to figure out what my child is trying to say.
- just trying to get through the day instead of really enjoying it.
- not getting to play with my child like other moms.
I am sick and tired of special needs.
I am sick and tired of autism.
I am just tired.