Friday, August 26, 2011

A Question for Friday... Plus a Couple Other Things


Well, today is Friday.

And that means our week of questions has come to an end.  It's been nice to take a little break from special needs and just get to know each other a bit better.  I've loved hearing from each of you and seeing what an eclectic group of people read the blog.

Before we do the last question, I want to tell you about two exciting things!

First, Along Came the Bird has been nominated for a 2011 Best Blog Award hosted by Parents Magazine!  Woohoo!  

But I need your help to win!  If you look to the right of this page, you'll see a nice bright pink button that you can click on and it will take you to the page where you can cast your vote for Along Came the Bird.

Now, I need to tell you that you do have to register with Parents Magazine to be able to vote.  But it's a quick process (should take you less than a minute) and you do not need to subscribe to any of their newsletters in order to vote.  That is, unless you want to.

I know it would be so much easier to just get to vote without registering but I guess this is the way Parents Magazine gets some feedback for hosting the contest. 

So I greatly appreciate you taking the time to register and vote - especially my readers who don't have children in the home anymore!  Y'all are awesome! 

Next, I bet quite a few of you are familiar with the Pioneer Woman, especially if you visit the Favorites page here.  For those of you who know and love her, don't forget that her brand new TV show is debuting tomorrow, Saturday, August 27th on The Food Network at 11:30 AM ET/ 10:30 AM CT. I think it's going to be worth a look - and pretty fun, too.

OK - now for our final question of the Week of Questions:

If you had a bumper sticker on the back of your car that said, "I'd Rather Be ______", what would be in the blank?

Big surprise here - Mine would say "I'd Rather Be Reading".  Or maybe, "I'd Rather Be Sleeping".  Tough decision.

What about you?  What would you rather be doing?











8 comments:

  1. Without hesitation mine would read, "I'd rather be in Heaven!" ... just because I can hardly wait to get there. One of my favorite songs says, "I'm happy to stay but I'm ready to go - it does get better than this; I'm a heartbeat away from heavenly bliss."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mary Green's answer. Other than that, I'd rather be at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, I got so excited thinking about heaven that I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on your "best blog" nomination! I have now cast my vote for Along Came the Bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new reader but I've caught up on most the blog and I totally love it, you definitely deserve the best blog nomination :)

    My bumper sticker would say... "I'd rather be dancing!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather be playing tennis (which I just finished doing). lgm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to say in the actual post that my bumper sticker might also say, "I'd Rather Be In Aspen!" Because I do absolutely nothing there except rest, relax, and read!

    Love the answers!

    And April - Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'd rather be at the beach!" A white sand beach with my husband and children. This is where I would rest, relax, read, and play!!

    Congratulations Lana! I rarely comment but I am a faithful reader. I look forward to your blog as part of my day. Thanks for being a positive part of my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Lana on the blog! I knew great things would come of this. Yes I voted. Now the bumper sticker...I'd rather be with Jesus. I agree with Mary's comment as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...