Monday, August 29, 2011

A Tale of Two Babysitters

Last Monday night, Ryley babysat for her former science teacher.

It just so happened that Ryan and I were going out to eat with some friends that same night so Reagan was at home with the Bird and our sweet sitter, Julie.

While Ryley was babysitting, she sent a text to Reagan around 8 PM that went a little something like this:

"Just tucked K in and she's down for the night.  Easiest. Baby. Sitting. Job. Evah."

(Veronica - you might be overpaying her!)


A few minutes later, Ryley received a response text from Reagan letting her know how things were going at our house.  It went a little something like this:

"Not even fair.  I WANT MONEY TOOOOOOOO.  Lily, on the other hand, just ripped one of her whiteboards off the wall like The Incredible Hulk.  She literally ripped it out - even the screws from the wall."


Just another night at the Rush house.

4 comments:

  1. Life is so unfair! Here's hoping Reagan someday lands a cushy job of her own!

    I'd offer to let her babysit Little Miss, but I think you may have an idea how that would end -- luckily for us, there are no dry erase boards at "tear off level" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mom2LittleMiss, Reagan would love a cushy job. But I don't think Little Miss or Lily fit the "cushy" description! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I did notice that Ryley was very eager to offer her services again on the way out and said something like, "Sooo, did you say that you needed me again some time in the next couple of weeks or so?"

    My two are not always so easy when awake, but bedtime goes pretty smoothly. Like their parents, they seem to appreciate how good it feels to hit the hay at the end of the day. (a welcome new trait for Robby, who fought sleep tooth and nail until around age 5 or so)

    My Ryan sometimes seems concerned that Ryley might get bored and not want to come over anymore, but I tell him that I don't think we need to worry about that.

    Tell Reagan that I actually was just thinking about whether she might be interested in this kind of gig. I am the youngest of 4, so I can totally relate. When does she get her driver's license? I'll pencil her in for the next parents' night. She and Kate can talk Angelina Ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children are the products of marriage. Without children the marriage will not blossom. Now let us look at various ways to make your children like you every time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...