Saturday, June 18, 2011

What Is This? A Saturday Post???

Y'all.

I know it is so hot.  Well, at least it is if you live in the Austin area.  And if it isn't over 100 degrees where you live, kindly keep it to yourself.

Because of the heat and because it's summer, I know knitwear is the furthest thing from your mind right now but I just had to share a little something with you.

My middle daughter, Reagan, is quite an accomplished knitter.  In my opinion, that alone is impressive because if you handed me two needles and some yarn, about the only thing I might could make is a pretty flimsy jump rope.

But that's not all she does.

Reagan has also created several original knitwear designs all on her own.

Mind-boggling, I tell you.

Anyway, we just found out that one of Reagan's original designs is featured on the Malabrigo Yarn website!

And for those of you thinking, "Mala-what?", Malabrigo is a lovely brand of yarn.

Click here for the Patterns Page, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see it on the left hand column.  It's an adorable infant hat pattern called Hey, Cupcake!

And if you click here, you can get the pattern details as well as see "More Reagan Rush" in the bottom right hand corner.  In that box, you can see another Reagan Rush original design, the Leafprints hat along with the One Row Button-Up Neckwarmer, her variation on another person's pattern.

And yes, that's my cutie-patootie daughter wearing that neckwarmer!

I'd like to take credit for the smarts and creativity it takes to both knit and design, but I'm afraid it doesn't come from my side of the family.  In fact, Ryan's grandmother is about the only person I know in either of our families that did any sort of knitting and I think she mostly made afghans.

No matter where it comes from, my daughter has some mad knitting skills!

By the way, she's available for hire, should you be interested in having some beautiful, handmade knitwear to give out as Christmas gifts.  Just thinking ahead here.....

Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...