Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Let's Do Lunch!

I know that for many of you, your kids are out of school now and you're free from lunch-packing duty.

But there are quite a few of us whose kids go to school year round, like Lily Bird.

Some of you may have kids going to day camps where a packed lunch is required.

And don't forget about family picnics!

So the bottom line is there still may be occasion for food to be packed up and transported somewhere.

I don't know about you but I get stuck in a rut and end up sending the same food week after week. Of course, Lily Bird doesn't mind all that much. I think the girl could eat buttered noodles every single day. But I'm hoping to add a little more variety to her diet.

I'm also trying to be a little earth-friendly and cut down on my use of baggies and plastic wrap. But I don't want to break the bank on expensive bento-type lunch boxes.

I recently found what I think is the greatest lunchbox system ever. It works great, keeps food cool, and best of all - it's inexpensive!

It's called Easy Lunchboxes and you can check it out here.

I have eight of the containers and one cooler bag.

If I want to send something warm in Lily's lunch, I just stick a thermos in the cooler bag, too.

Now, for some good ideas on what to pack in that lunchbox, click here.

Have some fun with lunch!

See you Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I have been using something very similar for years. However, I do like yours much better because they hold sandwiches. I will probably be ordering some for Wade to use in his "lunchbox". Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...