Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sweet Summer Fun

I remember when my big girls were younger, one of our favorite things to do was sit down and plan out all the fun things we wanted to do during the summer break.

We wrote it all - big stuff, like vacations and waterpark visits and little stuff, like baking cookies and reading a book together.

While I'm a big fan of letting kids get bored and entertain themselves, I also like to have a few things at the ready when everyone could use a little fun family time.

Need some inspiration?

Check out this poster idea I found at Forever Folding Laundry:




Look at this cute freebie from Laura Winslow Photography that you can print out, frame, and hang up:



I think you've got the idea.

Take some time to make a list with your kiddos.  Get them involved in the planning.

And don't complicate things with elaborate events.  The simplest things are often the most enjoyable.

Most of all, have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun on your little getaway with your family! I know it will be an adventure and always exciting...hope you post your list...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...