But here are a few things (other than sweet, helpful, patient family and friends) I've found that make my "special needs life" just a bit easier:
1) A white noise machine - I originally bought this to help the Bird sleep by muffling the noise of the rest of the family after she was tucked in. But I've gotten so used to hearing it through the baby monitor that I've pretty much gotten to where I can't sleep without it, either.
2) Back Zip Pajamas - These handy pj's keep Lily Bird from stripping herself naked during the night. In case you're interested, click here to see the ones we use.
3) 24 Hour Drive-Thru Pharmacies - This seems pretty self-explanatory. I feel certain a mom came up with this idea.
4) Pill Splitters, Crushers, & Pill-a-Day Trays (with AM/PM slots) - These are all small and inexpensive little devices that make the process of dispensing meds just a little bit easier.
5) The iPad - Ummm.... DUH.
6) A regular once a week babysitter - This has to be some of the best money we spend each month.
7) Reading other special needs blogs - I look forward to checking in with all my online buddies each day. Not only is it a source of comfort to see that I'm not the only person in the world with a kiddo like Lily, I just enjoy catching up with my newfound "tribe".
8) A pizza cutter - These handy things cut way more than just pizza!
How about you? What are some things that make your life easier?