I mean, they're kind of hard to miss.
Let me give you just a few examples of how my parenting skills swing from one end of the spectrum to the other:
- Advising a daughter in the best method of leg shaving while trying to wean another daughter from a pacifier.
- Taking a daughter to an empty parking lot to practice giving turn signals while driving and arriving home in time to change another daughter's dirty diaper.
- Helping a daughter shop for a Homecoming dress while teaching another daughter to eat with a spoon.
- Watching Backyardigans with one daughter, then tucking her in in time to watch Psych with another daughter.
- Taking a daughter to get her braces off while hoping that another daughter will someday brush her own teeth.
- Shopping for undergarments at Gap Body for a daughter while picking up a package of Pull-ups for another daughter.
- Getting one daughter at makeover at Sephora and trimming another daughter's fingernails and toenails.
- Watching one daughter play JV volleyball while keeping another daughter entertained in the stroller.
And last but not least,
- Getting a college acceptance letter for this coming fall for one daughter while trying to decide if another will be ready for kindergarten that same fall.
I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.
Things can get pretty crazy around here.
I've been known to hand a sippie cup to Ryley and a full glass of iced tea to the Bird. To cut Reagan's food into teeny-tiny bites and hand Lily a whole sloppy joe. To suggest that the big girls try using the potty when I was meaning to take Lily.
Just another day at the Rush house.
Oh and by the way, in case you're wondering.... yes, my Ryley did get her first college acceptance letter! Actually, it's the only one she'll get because it's the only college she applied to because it's the only college she wants to go to. Confused, yet?? In the fall of 2012, my oldest will be attending Liberty University in Virginia. Proud of that girl!