Monday, January 24, 2011

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

For those of you who have been following the blog faithfully, I believe I've already established that I either don't dream at night or simply don't remember them the next morning.

I am totally fine with that - especially if engaging in vivid dreams is going to interfere with how many hours of sleep I log.

But I understand that lots of people do dream on a regular basis.

And actually remember those dreams the next morning.

Why do I know this?

Because I have several people tell me about these dreams of theirs.

And why do they do this?

Because their dreams are often about my daughter.

I have quite a few people tell me they frequently dream about Lily talking.

Jasmine, one of Lily's wonderful therapists that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dreams all the time about Lily talking.  (did I mention that we LOVE Jasmine?)

Chris, another of Lily's therapists that we also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE told me when I dropped Lily off for school this morning that she dreamed she had a little conversation with Lily.  It went like this:

Chris:  "Lily, how do you feel today?"
Lily:  "Just fine."

I like this one for two reasons...

One, the most obvious, is that she's talking.

Duh.

And two, it sounds like she might have a Southern accent.  Can't you just hear it in her answer?

Now, Chris also told me that I was in her dream as well.

Cleaning her bathroom.

I'd like to discard this portion of her dream as completely unlikely.

But Lily talking?

It could happen.

And if cleaning Chris's bathroom has anything at all to do with Lily talking, I'll show up with my toilet brush and bowl cleaner on a daily basis.  She'll have the most sparkling clean potty in Austin, Texas.

My mom and dad both frequently dream about Lily talking.

A sweet lady in our church not only dreams that Lily talks, but that she is talking in front of large groups of people.

Does it bother me that I don't have dreams in which Lily talks?

Not in the least.

It sounds like there are plenty of people who have this area covered for me.

But I am ready for these dreams to start coming true.

So God, if you're reading this blog, I just want to make totally sure that You know we are ready for our Bird to start talking.

Just in case you didn't already know that.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...