Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dance the Night Away

I thought it would just be a nice, quiet night at home.

I thought we would welcome 2011 in a very relaxed and peaceful manner - exactly the way we're hoping the coming year will be.

I thought wrong.

Reagan has been to a couple of sleepovers since all the kids are out of school for the holidays.  And she's been going on and on about this great game for the Wii called Just Dance 2.

Now, some of you may not know this about me but I have quite an extensive dance background.  I spent 4 years on my high school drill team.  And 4 years on TCU's dance team.

Count 'em - 8 years, people.

Even now in my advanced age, I have to fight the urge to storm the football field during halftime and do some high kicks.

OK - not really.

After 8 years, I gladly laid down the pom-poms to begin my "grown-up" life.

And now all I have the urge to do during halftime is beat the crowd to the concession stand.

Anyway.... Reagan is all excited about this Wii game and I'm thinking it would be a fun way to ring in the new year.

Plus, my kids can finally see that while I might be tone deaf, I have rhythm to spare.

Oh yeah.....

We eat supper and then put Lily to bed.

I whip out the game and it's Go Time.

Let me just say that after a total of two dances, I had to go change into shorts and a t-shirt, pull my hair up and turn on the ceiling fan.

Ryan was so taken with my moves, that he fell asleep.

Every party has a pooper.  That's why we invited him.

I was worn out but I didn't want to stop until I had beat my children in at least one stinkin' dance.

And then I saw it.

That famous song, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!

This was it.

My moment to shine.

And shine I did.

Of course, it was the slick sheen of sweat on my entire head that gave me such a shiny appearance but I am proud to say that my score was the highest at the end of the song.

I celebrated my victory by collapsing on the floor, surrendering my Wii remote, and eating a large piece of pie.

And now I'm off to slather my body in Ben-Gay.

Happy New Year Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. 8 years??? Girl you are a semi-pro...
    My sisters and I busted a move on that very same wii game ...they made me wait 20 seconds before I started because I am a dancing fool....funess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the thought of Ben-Gay is cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you laughing at me Allison? Are you calling me old??? Just because Ben-Gay is a smell you probably associate with.... ahem.... people of the older generation does not mean I am old!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...