Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Highlight of Lily's Day

Lily's days are quite predictable right now.  We've settled into a good routine and are making some forward progress.  It's baby steps forward but hey, at least we're moving in the right direction!

Of all the things that Lily does each and every day, she has one definite favorite.  One activity that stands hand and shoulders above all else.  One task that is guaranteed to bring a smile to her face and a spring to her step.

And that super fun activity is.....

Vitamin Time!

Lily Bird loves her a deliciously fruity gummy vitamin.  (And whoever came up with the concept of gummy vitamins.... may I just say "sheer genius").

Nothing makes Lily's eyes light up quite like taking her vitamins.  When I get all the bottles out and line them up on the counter, she starts dancing around the kitchen.  I mean, it's practically a party.  All we need is a disco ball.

The fact that she takes so many it could double as Snack Time may be the real reason she's so excited.... she's hungry!

Lily is currently taking a multivitamin, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, and probiotics.  After a very thorough panel of bloodwork and an hour long conversation with her nutritionist this afternoon, Lily will continue taking those along with some new additions - vitamin C, vitamin D, TMG, a digestive enzyme, an antifungal to help control yeast, and a fiber gummy.

When I add even more bottles to the line-up on the kitchen counter, it's gonna blow Lily's mind.

I think I'll wait to hang that disco ball.  One step at a time....

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you said that. It gives me hope that Sydney will take hers. I desperately need to get her on some vitamins. I only hope she will do a happy dance and not stomp off mad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Animal Parade gummies! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...