Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Many of you have asked how Ryan and I manage to keep going despite all the questions, worries, concerns, and just plain day to day happenings with Lily Bird.

Let me give you a little peek into my messages over the last few days:

"You have been on my mind and heart the last 4 or 5 days.  I have been praying for you.  If you need ANYTHING please let me know.  I can sit at the hospital with Lily, or run errands, get dinner, do laundry etc.  Praying for rest, peace, comfort, wisdom for doctors and for precious Lily.  Praying Isaiah 41:10 - God will strengthen you and help you; and uphold you with His righteous right hand."

"Just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for all of you.  Thanks for sharing those pictures on the blog.  Lily is one loved little girl!  Glad to see you are back home and hopefully you can all get some rest tonight.  If that sofa in the hospital room is what you sleep on, then I know you are going to need it.  Please let us know if there is anything you need and we are more than happy to help."

"Praying for u guys."

"Missing your face. I know you are with Lily-poo.  Thinking about you guys.  Word."

"Been thinking about you.  Now I know why... Love u"

"Our family is praying for your family."

"Lily was to be mine this Sunday so I knew all was not good.  During the sermon, Pastor Ryan asked us all to write down the name of someone we knew that needed encouragement.  The name that should have popped into my head was that of a friend I've been talking, texting and crying with this last week due to a broken heart (boyfriend dumped her).  She has certainly needed encouragement.  But I was in the service because Lily was not at church and AL told me I should pray for you. So I wrote your name down and K and I have had you specifically in our prayers.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who is promised is faithful.  Looking forward to answers for you."

These are just a few of the many, many, many messages Ryan and I have received.

I also have another friend (and faithful blog follower) who was led to pray specifically for Ryan and I every day for the month of July and to send those prayers to us.  So each day in my email, up pops a prayer written and prayed just for me.  She felt like she needed to do this at this exact time - even before we knew of any potential trouble brewing on the horizon.

I ask you - how could you not make it through the day with friends like these???

With all of this prayer and encouragement, Ryan and I know that we are never alone no matter what we face in our family.

Friends like that?  Priceless.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...