Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The First Ellie Sponsorship Update

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to send you an update on Ellie.

First of all, last week was simply amazing.  I still am just blown away by how quickly this whole process happened.  Each and every one of you played a significant role in saving the life of a little girl - I was simply the means to connect all of you wonderful people.  The only word to describe it - MIRACLE!  Thanks to all of you who contributed through money, prayer and spreading the word.

We have now raised above and beyond our $10,000 goal.  Through online donations, World Help collected $7,665.  This morning, I sent several checks to World Help totaling $5,009.75.  That brings the grand total in our "Ellie Fund" to a whopping $12,674.75!!!  Can you believe it???

There are still some donations continuing to come in so I want to let you know what we are planning to do with that "extra" money.  I'm sure all of you are familiar with child sponsorship programs, where you can send a monthly amount which is put in a fund for one specific child that you sponsor.  Medical bills, education, food, clothing, and those types of things come out of that fund.  

Well, all of you are now official "Ellie Sponsors"! 

And you don't even need to send a monthly amount - unless of course, you want to!  

$10,000 will be used for Ellie's immediate heart surgery.  The extra money in her fund will be used for medications, follow-up visits, and things of that nature as well as be available if there are any unforeseen complications during surgery.  Any money left over from her medical bills will be used for clothing, food and other needs she has. 

I will send updates as I receive them so you can keep up with how our sweet Ellie is doing.  

The first "Official Ellie Sponsorship Update" I'd like to share with you right now is that I'm going to Guatemala to be with Ellie during her surgery!  I cannot even begin to tell you what an answer to prayer this is.  One of my precious friends forwarded my email to her sweet parents, whom I had never met.  The next thing I know, I'm on the phone and this wonderful couple is not only donating to Ellie's medical fund but is paying for a round trip ticket for me to go to Guatemala!  God is so good to communicate in His way my heart's cry to this family. 

I will let you know when the actual date of surgery is and when I will be leaving so that all of you can be praying.  I'll send word on how the surgery went as soon as I'm able to, as well as send you more pictures of our girl.

Please forward this email along so that everyone gets the great news and we can all share in the glory of the Lord!

Thank you again!

Lana Rush



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...