Well, it's past time for a post, I'll tell you that.
How about a little update on the Rush house happenings?
1. Remember our newest addition, Prada, the precious German Shepherd puppy? Click here if you missed it. Well, it turns out that I am allergic to dogs. And Reagan is allergic to dogs - as in, with prolonged exposure, severely, EpiPen allergic. We had to say good-bye to our sweet puppy and return her to the breeder who has since found another family that loves her and can breathe around her, too. Thankfully, Lily never really bonded with Prada so I didn't have to pry the dog away from her. That would have made it even more heartbreaking.
2. The Roomba. Also mentioned in the previous post link above.
Even though an indoor dog was the reason we purchased the Roomba, I didn't have to take it back, too. Which makes me really happy because I love this vacuum. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that little thing running around my house, keeping my floors clean. It does my tile, my rugs, my carpet, and my wood flooring. And it changes to those surfaces without a hitch. I do have to get a few things out of its path, like plants and a couple of electrical cords. But moving those things is easier than dragging out my vacuum. Roomba vacuums. I mop. And that is sweet. It gets my stamp of approval. Plus bonus? Lily likes it, too. Probably more than she liked the dog.
3. Ryley comes home from college on May 9th. Happy mom.
4. Reagan got her driver's license Monday. Happy, happy mom.
5. We had a great ARD meeting last week. And Lily will be attending what I think is going to be an awesome summer day camp that should be both fun and beneficial for her needs. Happy, happy, happy mom.
6. For the fourth summer in a row, the Rush family will be headed to Aspen in June.
Oh Aspen - how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: Hiking, biking, swimming, reading, mindless television watching, wandering around town, window shopping, eating oatmeal pancakes and Paradise Bakery cookies, browsing the bookstore.... rest, relaxation, and good family time. Is it June yet??
So what about you? Any big (or little) news going on? I love keeping up with you!
Have a great Wednesday, friends.