Friday, November 2, 2012

31 Days to Crazy Joy Finale

Need a little pick-me-up to kick off your weekend?

To start things off, how about some sweet pictures of the Bird?

Hanging out on the trampoline with Dad...


It's not exactly active play but it sure is a good place for some snuggles.


Made some of these cute little jack-o-lantern oranges for Lily's teachers and aides.


Ready for trick-or-treaters.


Halloween is hard work!


Lily was wiped out - in bed by 7PM, and asleep by 7:05 PM.

Next, an article that will make more than your weekend.  Chy Johnson and "Her Boys" by Rick Reilly will make you smile, restore your faith in our teenagers, and serve as a gentle reminder of everything we hope for ALL our children.

And lastly, did you think I wouldn't finish my 31 Days to Crazy Joy?  Especially since I didn't do any posting this week??

Well.  Boom. Bam.  Here it is.  All 31 Days.  Read 'em and see for some joy yourself, ok?  And by all means, share that joy with me!


31 Days to Crazy Joy

October 1
1.  My laughing Lily Bird
2.  My new red loafers
3.  A great day at school for Lily

October 2
4.  Pumpkins
5.  A walk around Town Lake in the evening
6.  Overhearing my big girls laughing together while Face-Timing

October 3
7.  cozy naps
8.  Reagan's good idea turning into an exciting new project
9.  peas and cornbread

October 4
10.  homemade applesauce
11.  a new season of Sherlock on Netflix
12.  almost daily text photos of Ryley's "outfit of the day" for LU classes

October 5
13.  libraries full of free books
14.  booking Ryley's ticket home for Thanksgiving
15.  starting the Christmas planning lists

October 6
16.  hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows
17.  watching Ryan and Lily wrestling and hearing her girly squeals of delight
18.  a cute new purse - purchased by my mom

October 7
19.  boots
20.  after missing two weeks, getting to go to church
21.  rocking newborns in the church nursery

October 8
22.  a daughter who knits
23.  a helpful husband
24.  pajama days

October 9
25.  Parenthood - best show on TV
26. effective medication
27.  cooler temperatures

October 10
28.  Sonic ice
29.  watermelon - the Bird's current favorite treat
30.  mailing my first care package to Ryley

October 11
31.  the discovery of Duck Dynasty - and a brand new season just started!
32.  my monthly MOSK group - Mothers of Special (Needs) Kids
33.  new Christmas stockings for the whole family, handmade by Reagan

October 12
32.  a weekly delivery of free eggs from a sweet friend
33.  my crock-pot
34.  a beautiful front porch decorated for fall

October 13
35.  homemade spice tea
36.  organic honeycrisp apples
37.  The Pioneer Woman's French Breakfast Puffs

October 14
38.  hearing the words "Lily is rocking it today!"
39.  sweet buddies who volunteer to hang with Lily on Sunday mornings
40.  handing Lily a treat and hearing what sounds like "thank you" in her sweet voice

October 15
41.  gathering with my fellow pastors' wives to just relax 
42.  getting together with new friends and discovering what you have in common
43.  iPic movie theater - WOW!

October 16
44.  an amazing time of prayer for Lily with pastors from all over Austin
45.  the opportunity to teach One Thousand Gifts at a Ladies Retreat
46.  wearing a sweatshirt outside for the first time this year

October 17
47.  pulling something delicious from the freezer when I don't feel like cooking
48.  getting coupons to Barnes & Noble in my email inbox
49.  overnight oatmeal in the crockpot

October 18
50.  Discovering a new author
51.  Putting Reagan on an airplane for a "sister reunion"
52.  Seeing this on Facebook a few hours later:
        

October 19
53.  an unexpected date night due to the generosity of a sweet friend
54.  catching up with friends
55.  great  news from Lily's California doctor (more on this later)

October 20
56.  a good ARD meeting
57.  teachers who care about Lily and want to see her succeed
58.  a neighborhood wagon ride

October 21
59.  sleeping on freshly washed sheets
60.  Lily looking at storybooks
61.  seeing pictures of my big girls having a blast together in Virginia

October 22
62.  cousins
63.  Ann Voskamp's blog - A Holy Experience
64.  tweets that make me laugh out loud

October 23
65.  peppermint mochas from McDonald's
66.  answered prayers
67.  a new way of looking at a verse of Scripture I've known my whole life    

October 24
68.  getting comments on my blog posts  
69.  cheering for Lily Bird
70.  Skype conversations with Ryley

October 25
71. hearing Ann Voskamp's sweet voice introducing her 1000 Gifts DVD study - and inviting me to the farm!
Want to hear it yourself? Click here.
72.  an unexpected free day
73.  a clean car

October 26
74.  the smell of wood smoke
75.  the first fire of autumn in our outdoor fireplace
76.  chicken and dumplings that remind me of my Mamaw

October 27
77.  fuzzy socks
78.  the feeling of sweet relief that floods over me when I "cast my cares on Him because He cares for me"
79.  the sound of a crackling fire

October 28
80.  Lily marching to Father Abraham
81.  a response tweet from Ann Voskamp
82.  sweatpants

October 29
83.  blessing a friend
84.  my parent's anniversary today - and their example of a godly marriage
85.  new mulch in the flower beds

October 30
86.  the gift of being a stay-at-home mom
87.  beautiful music that speaks to my soul
88.  friends who pray regularly for my family

October 31
89.  Pastor Appreciation Month and the sweet notes of encouragement we receive from our church family
90.  precious children dressed up in their Halloween finest
91.  a  Joy Dare for the month of November -  and a brand new month to keep counting it all joy!     





6 comments:

  1. Was wondering if you'd ever notice you messed up your count on the 12th, but didn't want to say anything because I stole some of your ideas. So, you do have 93 there, but I know that there are so many more than that because I have been praying for you all month. Blessings. -JKM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course I messed up my math! But I'm so happy to know that I overshot my list of blessings instead of shortchanging them! :) Thanks so much for your prayers - they are deeply appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I think we have some shared interests...Sherlock and Parenthood...cozy socks, barnes and noble coupons, etc. I've enjoyed the warmth of your joy this month. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day we will meet, put on some fuzzy socks, and watch some great TV and read some great books together, Miss Bea!

      Delete
  3. Aww, I missed this on Friday! Lily is so sweet and pretty! The jack-o-lanterns are so cute! And your posts always fill me with joy! Hope y'all had a great weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...