Another, you say? Did you miss the first one? Oh, I can't have that! Click here to discover just what a meme is and read my first one ever.
Now most of you know that I still get excited about being tagged for these silly things. I like being "picked"!
Here are the rules for this meme:
- Thank and link back to the person who bestowed the award on you.
- Post 10 things about yourself that others may or may not know.
- Tag 6 others
- Let those 6 others know you are spreading the love meme style.
So let's get this show on the road: Ten Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I have a dent smack dab in the middle of my forehead from falling out of my high chair as a baby. And this is why I will always wear bangs. The end.
2. I was a dancer all four years of high school and all four years of college. Drill team. You know those girls you see out on the football field at half-time, high kicking to marching band music? Uh-huh. That was me. And no - we did not wear the inappropriate, midriff-bearing uniforms you see all the dancers wearing today, thank you very much.
3. I am terrible at math. Like, horrible. I didn't learn how to count back change until I was prepping for a homeschool lesson, getting ready to teach my girls and it finally clicked. I was so excited, I called my dad, who is a human calculator, and shared the good news with him. He was very proud of his 30 year old daughter. And for those of you who might be worrying, I hired a math teacher for my girls shortly after that.
4. I tend to be a bit of a speedy driver.
5. I have an ironic obsession with both junk food and reading health books. As in, I don't really see what's wrong with reading Michael Pollan's Food Rules while eating an Oreo or two. Or five. Well, truthfully, I see what's wrong but I just don't care that much.
6. I cannot grow anything. Nothing. If we had to survive on whatever food I could grow, we would starve.
7. I am a Skee-Ball master. Enough said.
8. I still hot roll my hair, like I've been doing pretty consistently since my sophomore year of high school. Some habits, like big curly hair, are just too hard to break.
9. I do not like camping in any way, shape, or form. And here is why: Brownie camp. 4th grade. Sleeping under a mosquito net. Hundreds of nasty daddy long legs behind a shelf in our tent. Community bathrooms a good walk away from said tent. Best friend with very small bladder needs me to walk with her to bathroom in the pitch black of night. Swarm of hideous june bugs buzz around my head and one gets stuck in the smocking of my nightgown, resulting in me screaming bloody murder, abandoning my best friend who should've been able to hold it anyway, crawling back under hateful mosquito net, and counting down the days until my parents came to get me. NEVER AGAIN.
10. I spent my last two years of college living in a tiny little off-campus apartment by myself, which I loved. But my dad, having spent many years as a Houston police officer, wanted to make sure I was safe. So when I moved into my apartment for my junior year, along with all the clothes, shoes, books, and bedding was a little something extra, just from my dad - a pump shotgun for keeping under my bed, that I wasn't afraid to use. What? Isn't that what every college co-ed takes to school?
Now for the hard part - tagging six others. Most of my bloggy buddies have been tagged but I can think of just a few more:
Elizabeth from Out to Lunch
And how about you, Nicki from Beebs and Bro? Want to give it a go?
Bea, from A Stroke of OT - are you feeling the meme love?
Last but not least, my sweet cousin and one of the best mamas I know, Kristin from The Hayden Family. Want to play along?
Now, y'all get out there and have yourselves a lovely weekend!