Thursday, February 24, 2011

This & That

I am off to run some errands but thought I'd give you a quick rundown of things going on around the Rush house.

Brace yourselves - this is some exciting stuff, people.

Lily is on a healthy eating kick right now.

And by that, I mean that she is eating fruits and vegetables.  She's even eating salad - if you count the lettuce with a little bright yellow mustard that falls off my Mighty Fine cheeseburger.  It's roughage (which seems like it should be spelled ruffage but I'm getting the spell check warning) so it counts in my book.

This healthy eating seems to come around in cycles.  For a month or so, she loves strawberries and cauliflower.  Then the next month, with absolutely no explanation, she can't bear to make herself even look upon them, much less have them pass her lips.  It never fails to make me feel like such a good mom when she's eating well, even if I have nothing at all to do with it.

Speaking of Lily's dietary habits, I am more than thrilled to announce that after a three month trial period of the gluten-free/casein-free diet, we have not really seen any changes.  While I guess it's disappointing when some experiments don't work because you really want to see positive results, I can't say I'm sad to put this diet to rest.  I've never been more happy to just shop at HEB instead of running all over town trying to find coconut milk yogurt, vanilla flavored rice milk, and xanthan gum, among other weird items.

My parents are coming for a visit - woohoo!  I'm hoping that means lots of eating out and one or two little shopping sprees.  Oh, and of course, great conversation while we grow closer together as a family.

I know that I'm always the last to discover anything even remotely related to technology so it won't come as a total shock to you when I say I just found Hulu.  Oh. My. Goodness.  Entire episodes of television shows I didn't even know I wanted to watch.  What a lovely, fun, and entertaining absolute waste of my time.  I love it!

And since I've brought up technology, some of you may have noticed that I have a Twitter button on this page.  You can click it and follow me.  Except for one small thing.  I have Twitter but no tweets.  I'm taking this way too seriously but I think my Twitter debut should be something witty or important.  The pressure is immense.  I'll let you know when it happens.

I've told you about the book "The Family Dinner", which I am still so enjoying.  We've played a couple of the suggested dinner games but over the weekend, we found a winner.  It's called "He Said, She Said" and it's kind of like a homemade version of Mad Libs.  It was an absolute stitch!  Check out the book and see what you think.

OK - I know you are sad to see this life-changing post come to a close but never fear - I'll be back tomorrow with more incredible things to share.

Kiss your spouse, hug your kids, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...