We are in the midst of some serious warfare in the Rush home.
Ryley got sick about 3 weeks ago. After a couple days, she seemed to turn the corner and was feeling better.
Then Reagan started feeling sick.
Then Ryley got sick again.
Then Lily got sick.
Ryan finally admitted defeat and went to the doctor this morning and he has the flu. So he is officially in medical lock-down in the bedroom.
Because I have his same symptoms on a smaller scale, I went on in to the doctor. My hope was to catch it before I needed medical lock-down and the kids were running the house.
Thankfully, I only have a sinus infection so I'm on antibiotics but am not contagious.
So Momma's still ruling the roost around here.
It's days like this that I really and truly gain a whole new respect for single parents. Ruling the roost by yourself is hard work.
So while I had big plans to post something really awesome, interesting, and completely life-changing, I have to settle for sharing some of my favorite things to have close at hand when I'm not feeling so hot. Here goes:
- Puffs Plus Tissues with Lotion & Vicks - It's like all the goodness of lotion-y kleenex but with the smell of Vicks, too - genius! After you blow your nose, you can still smell the Vicks and your nose feels nice and tingly.
- And while we're on the subject of Vicks, I also love to have good old fashioned Vapo-Rub around when I'm under the weather. It takes me straight back to being a little kid when my mom would rub it on my chest. I actually might have a slight addiction to Vicks Vapo-Rub.
- Shower Soothers - Again with the smell thing. Dropping one of these big tablets on the floor of your warm shower releases all these wonderful steamy vapors.
- Ludens Cherry Cough Drops - I know these are only slightly more effective than Wild Cherry Life Savers but hey, the "real" cough drops just don't taste as good. In a pinch, Blow Pops and Jolly Ranchers do the trick, too.
- CranApple Juice - This is really the only time I drink juice of any kind.
- Someone to cook all my meals and do my laundry and sterilize my house and.... oh wait. I think I'm describing my mom who is not close at hand at the moment. Mom, if you're reading this and feel like coming
to do my choresfor a fun visit, just let me know!
I think you can tell by my list that I like to breathe menthol vapors, eat hard candy, and have someone at my beck and call when I'm under the weather.
Actually, I enjoy these things when I'm feeling just fine, too.
Please rest easy tonight. I will be back tomorrow morning with something utterly life-changing.
It might just be something as exciting as this post is.
But either way, I'll be back.