Friday, February 17, 2012

Never Give In... Except...

Last night was date night for Ryan and I.  

Our lovely babysitter, Julie, came over to hang out with the Bird while we went to a movie.

Most nights go off without a hitch.

Based on the following text conversation I had with my oldest, Ryley, last night was not a "hitch-less" evening.

FYI:  Ryley in white bubbles, me in green bubbles


Hey.  

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

All good parents know when to break out the youtube.  I'm just happy to know I've taught Ryley so well.

Have a great weekend, y'all!




7 comments:

  1. We're fighting that same battle right now with the Little Miss... except where you have YouTube, we have a rocking chair. Based on the amount of time I have been on the rocking chair this week, I'd say Little Miss has been taking some lessons from Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've thought that so often! Yay for Ryley for actually putting it out there in written form! Shouldn't there be a bumper sticker for that? ;)

    Have a great weekend - and hey!! Date night?! Send Julie and Ryley over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. My little guy will not let me do the Masgutova Technique unless he gets to watch YouTube on the IPad...auntie is holding up! Desperate measures at 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a sitter. One who knows when to throw in the towel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its all about knowing which battles to pick. Sometimes there is nothing better than a good video on repeat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK HEAVENS FOR YOUTUBE!!!!

    Hope you enjoyed the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do this with the iPad. K is obsessed. I totally overuse it to avoid meltdowns and behaviors. Bad, right? I know I have to get a handle on it, but the respite is so good. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...