Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Sweet Love

It's Valentines Day.

So let's talk about love.

I don't know about you, but I love those silly little quizzes that you come across in magazines or online that reveal something about your personality.

Well, a few years ago, I read a book called The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman.  In the book, there was one of those fun little quizzes.  But this one was more than just fun.  I discovered my "love language", or the way that I prefer for someone to show they love me.

Mine was really no great surprise to me.  I'm an "acts of service" girl.  Nothing says love to me more than Ryan running the vacuum, filling my car up with gas, or unloading and loading the dishwasher.  Forget the flowers and chocolates.  Swish the toilet and I swoon.

The fun part came when I had my husband and kids do the quiz.  When I learned their love languages, I was able to show just how much I love each of them in ways that were meaningful and unique to them. This is knowledge I still use today.

If you aren't familiar with The Five Love Languages, click here to take the online quiz.  There's a quiz for husbands, wives, children, teens, and singles.

Take a few minutes and learn something new about your family.  Then use what you learn to love them just the way they like best.

Happy valentines days 2011

4 comments:

  1. I haven't taken the quiz yet - but I will. Though I suspect I'm "acts of service" girl too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your Valentine post. Too funny. And yes, judging from your hubby's text, he already knows your love language and he's not afraid to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm an Acts of Service girl too! Thanks for the fun quiz, Lana! Happy Valentine's Day (and I hope he washes the car for you!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a girl can dream, right??? :) Give Tootles a hug from the Bird!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...