Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's a Bird! It's Santa! It's Santa and the Bird!

First, a quick note of thanks to all of you for your helpful words and prayers regarding the ongoing saga that is Lily's clothes versus Lily's teeth.  We are trying several new things, per your suggestions, and I'll keep you updated on how things are going, as well as what works and what doesn't.

Now for the annual Christmas photo.

Our church has a wonderful and very active special needs ministry.  One of the things we started last year was "Pictures with Santa" and it has been a happy success.

No more stressful trips to the mall.  No more standing in line.  No more hoping and praying Santa is a very patient man.  No more blood, sweat, and tears trying to get a good picture.

Just a nice, relaxing photo session in a comfortable environment that all the kids are familiar with.  And a very, very patient Santa.

And this year?  A new addition - a real professional photographer to capture the moment.

Now, these photos were snapped with my iPhone. My real pictures are much better. 

May I present..... Santa and Lily 2012.




Have a great Tuesday, my friends!


6 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea to do it in an environment that the children know! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. God bless Santa and Amy Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's just awesome!! I'm so happy for these photos for you! :) My dad spends his winter as a Santa for numerous organizations. I'll have to plant the seed of special needs to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you are able to continue the tradition of Santa pics. Even your iPhone shots make me smile - I can only imagine how adorable the pro shots are!!! Thanks for sharing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily is such a dolly! I have no idea how Santa got her to sit with him but wow! So exciting! Hope you will share the pro shots soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the church has an active and loving special needs ministry. What a great idea to host Santa there at the church! Yea for Lily!! And, yea for Santa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...