Here is the site's mission statement:
SNApps4Kids is a community of parents, therapists, doctors, and teachers who share information on how we are using the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch with children who have special needs.
And share information they do!
It's an incredibly helpful place to go to learn all about using technology with special needs kids.
Here are just a few of the things you'll find at SNApps4Kids:
- Step by step instructions on taking your iPad out of the box and getting it ready to use.
- How to set up an app for your child.
- Getting yourself comfortable with using technology.
- Videos of children using apps.
- Unbiased reviews of apps from real people with special needs children.
- Forums you can join to speak with other parents using the same technology you are so you can compare notes, seek information, and get ideas.
And much, much more.
SNApps4Kids sent me a tweet offering some tips on how to better use Proloquo2Go, the communication app we use with Lily. I didn't even have to ask for it - it just showed up!
If you know someone with a special needs child, steer them in the direction of SNApps4Kids. They'll be glad you did!