Today, let's just relax around here and get a few things off our chests, ok? I'll tell you a few of my secrets and you tell me a few of yours. Sound good?
1. I cheated on Paleo. Sunday night. I was craving carbs so hard. I'm going to blame it on the allergies that just won't quit. And also, I cooked supper for friends who just had a baby and like a fool, I made them pasta. With bread. So really, it's all their fault.
After we dropped off their meal, I looked at Ryan and said, "I want a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs. Or a big ol' Chuy's burrito."
He looked at me like I had grown another head. This from the man who has cheated not once, but twice the past two weekends! On donuts! So judgy, that guy. At least I wanted something vaguely healthy.
I did not succumb to the siren call of the spaghetti or the burrito. I settled for a nice homemade, white flour biscuit and grits.
It was yummy.
And now I am back on the wagon.
2. A few days ago, I put on skinny jeans and rolled up the cuffs. Only to realize I should've shaved my legs when I was in the shower. Instead, I just grabbed my razor and shaved the tiny little part around my ankles that was showing. I'll shave another day....
3. The Killers are finally coming in concert to the US. Even better? They're coming to Austin. I almost ran off the road when I heard it on the radio. Reagan (my middle daughter) and I bought tickets the day they went on sale. Official mother-daughter night on the calendar.
4. I recently heard that New Kids on the Block are on tour, along with 98 Degrees and Boyz to Men. While this is not a concert we'll attend, I did take that to mean that I needed to introduce Reagan to one of the greatest boy bands of all time, NKOTB. We've been jamming in the kitchen to Step by Step and The Right Stuff, in which I busted out with the dance moves during the chorus and totally impressed my daughter. Well, maybe not impressed her, but she did look rather surprised that I still knew it from "back in the day". OK, maybe she asked me to never do that again but really... deep down, she was proud. I really think so.
5. I have an extra bedroom in my house that we use like an attic. For storage, I mean. It really needs to be re-organized. Which I wanted to do before I put the boxes of Christmas decorations back in the room. Which means, the boxes of Christmas decorations are sitting in two, nice, tall towers right outside the door of said storage room.
6. When Ryley flew back to school after the Christmas break, she had to be at the airport at 5 AM. Like the incredibly nice mom I am, I excused her from making her bed that morning, saying I would do it later. That bed is still unmade. I mean, I did say I would do it later, right? I wasn't thinking it would be February but....
7. Do you now think we live in a pig sty? Because we totally don't. We just live in a little world called reality, people. No pretending, no faking, and no misleading. Come join us. It's pretty awesome here.
And you can start by sharing a few little secrets of your own, ok? Don't let me be the only one baring my soul here.....