1. We finally find and move into our perfect home.
2. We discover an amazing school for Lily.
3. Ryley gets her drivers license and has an up-close and personal encounter with a fence.
Here is her facebook status after the incident:
In her defense, she wants everyone to know that she was backing up (not just going too fast in the driveway), and prior to demolishing said fence she had been an accident-free and very good driver.
4. Along Came The Bird, the blog, is born.
5. Reagan achieves a long time goal and is the proud owner of a pair of pointe shoes.
6. Ryan spends the bulk of the year writing a book for Tyndale House Publishers.
7. A brand new special needs ministry is launched at our church.
8. We discover Guatemala, Hope of Life, Pueblo Modelo, and a little girl named Ellie and our lives are forever changed.
9. Lily conquers the i-Pad and youtube, quickly falls in love with a rhino, a singing hippo and a dancing dog, as well as a variety of familiar kids songs sung in foreign languages.
10. I join a wonderful support group of special needs moms who welcome me with open arms and make me look forward to Thursdays in a whole new way.
It's been an incredible journey and while I look ahead with anticipation to 2011, I can't help but think of something a very wise man once said:
"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time". Abraham Lincoln